Friday, September 27, 2013

New sprocket

I've replaced the 50 tooth sprocket for a 47 tooth one, which is the smallest available for the glorious conical hub, as far as I know.
While I was at it, I checked the brake shoes and the braking surface, all in perfect working order.
The whole thing really didn't take very long, and considering how these things normally go, there was very little grief involved and only a couple of power tools required.
I fitted a shorter chain too, rather than shortening the one I had; the idea being that if the new sprocket is still not enough, I may need to fit a bigger gearbox sprocket and may need the longer chain again, though I hope it doesn't come to that because it would be a fairly major pain in the neck.
I still had to cut a couple of links off the new chain with my trusty angle grinder, setting a cheesy Harley-Davidson t-shirt aflame in the process. Ideal.
I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know how much of a difference those three teeth will actually make. It should be at least noticeable. I hope.

Also, yay floodlights.


0 comments:

Post a Comment