Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Copper (Cu), atomic number 29.

Long story short, the name is derived from Cyprus, and if you've ever been there, you've probably seen the rocky cliffs over the Mediterranean, exposed to the elements and boasting a remarkable display of verdigris. If, however, you've never been to Cyprus, I highly recommend it.
But I digress. I started thinking about copper when I received this parcel from JS Motorsport:

This is a thicker copper head gasket than the standard one, and it even comes with a little bit of very thin copper wire (that's a story for another time). Neat!
I won't get into the "copper vs. flame-ring" gasket debate, which will likely go on ad infinitum, however there are reasons for why I chose a thicker gasket, but we'll discuss all that when it's time to fit this thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment