Sunday, August 18, 2013

Score!

While I wait for the heat to subside and for my Sportster to be ready, I have this cool little thing to show you. I scored a neat peanut tank off an early Evolution Sportster:

(Kitties shown for size comparison, not included in purchase.)
The tank is a little rusty inside, and the paint is full of little nicks and scratches, but that's nothing unusual for a 20 year old tank. All in all, it's actually in really good shape. What I'll do with it is strip the paint (shame about losing the original decals, I know) and treat the inside the same way I did for the Rising Star. After that, it's a matter of choosing a paintjob that'll go nicely with a set of original (and horrendously expensive) decals.


I've no idea what colour I might go for. Metalflake? Probably.


0 comments:

Post a Comment