Sunday, July 20, 2014

No photos, only profanities.

I was in no mood to take the customary step-by-step photos the other day when I was faffing around trying to get the Norton to run. Instead, I was effing and blinding, with no patience for all the nonsense I was dealing with. I stripped the carburetters, again, and replaced the jets for standard ones: I went from 107 to 106 for the needle jet, and from 280 (!) to 220 for the main jet. The needle is set to the middle groove, the throttle valve is a 3 1/2 (it should be a 3, but these will have to do for now) and the flaming bike does start and respond to the throttle much better than before. The air screws are 1 and 1/2 turns from fully seated and I've convinced myself that that's too lean. I'll try different settings when I actually manage to go out for a ride. But, before I can do that, I have to deal with a bloody float bowl banjo that's leaking badly. Why, confound it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment